Your nigh time skincare routine is different than your daytime one, but don't worry too much about it, there are some really simple little changes, nothing to stress about.
- Oil cleanser: You can use the same one for night and day.
- Cleansing water: You can use the same for night and day.
- Exfoliating: Since your exfoliation occurs only once a day, it does not change depending on the time of day.
- Toner: You can use the same for night and day.
- Essence: You can use the same for night and day.
- Serum, emulsion or ampoule: You can use the same but there are some of these products that have ingredients that are better for the night. If you don't want to build up skin products, using the same one day and night is fine. You can invest in a night serum later when you're a little more immersed in the ocean of Korean beauty.
- Face sheet: This is a step that does not happen every day so it is not affected by the time of day you do it.
- Eye cream: You can use the same, but there are some eye creams that are designed to be used at night since you have more time to absorb some nutrients.
- Moisturiser: Just like serums, ampoules, and emulsions, there are plenty of moisturisers made specifically for nighttime, it would be great if you could get your hands on one and see how it goes for you.
- Sunscreen: It is not necessary to do this step at night.
Daytime moisturisers tend to prep skin for going out, they have antioxidants, sometimes they even have SPF, and since you're supposed to put makeup on them and be seen while wearing them, these moisturisers are usually light; Night moisturisers, on the other hand, are thicker and focus on repairing the damage your skin may have sustained during the day, and have ingredients that work better on your skin at night.